- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version.Wrong firmware upgrading may damage your device and void the warranty.
- After you downloaded the firmware from TP-LINK website, please use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the firmware file to a folder;
- Do NOT upgrade the firmware via wireless connection;
- Do NOT turn off the power or cut down the Ethernet cable during upgrade process;
- Please write down all current settings as a backup and enter them manually after upgrading.
- Internet Explorer(IE) is recommended to upgrade the firmware.
Step 1 Log into the TP-LINK device by typing http://tplinklogin.net or the default ip marked on the label in the address bar of the web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox). The User Name and Password are both admin unless you have changed it before.
Step 2 Click System Tools ->Firmware Upgrade, click the Browse button to choose the firmware you already extracted in the folder.
Step 3 Click the Upgrade button. The device will reboot automatically after the upgrading has been finished. Please wait about 3 minutes.
Step 4 Click Status, verify that the router’s firmware has been upgraded.
Step 5 It is recommended that restoring the device to factory default to make the new functions take effect; Click System Tools->Factory Defaults, Click Restore Button.
Step 6 After restoring factory default, please login http://192.168.1.1 and re-enter the settings you have written down before upgrading.