· 1) Please verify the hardware version of your device. Different hardware versions DON’T share firmware versions. Wrong firmware upgrading may damage your device and void the warranty.
· 2) After you downloaded the firmware from TP-LINK website, please use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the firmware file to a folder;
· 3) Do NOT upgrade the firmware via wireless connection;
· 4) Do NOT turn off the power or unplug the Ethernet cable during upgrade process;
· 5) Please write down all current settings as a backup and enter them manually after upgrading.
· 6) Internet Explorer (IE) is the recommended web browser to upgrade the firmware.
Step 1 Log into the TP-LINK device by typing http://192.168.1.1 orhttp://192.168.0.1or http://tplinklogin.netin the address bar of the web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox). The User Name and Password are both admin in default.
Step 2 Click System Tools ->Firmware Upgrade, click the Browse button to choose the firmware you already extracted in the folder.
Step 3 Click the Upgrade button. The device will reboot automatically. Please wait about 3 minutes.
Step 4 Click Status, verify that the router’s firmware has been upgraded.
Step 5 In order to make the new functions take effects, it is recommended to restore the device to factory default settings; Click System Tools->Factory Defaults, Click Restore Button.
Step 6 After restoring factory default, please login the web page and re-enter the settings you have written down before upgrading.